Internal quality management
Through numerous measures, the International OEKO-TEX® Association helps to ensure a standardised testing level and globally binding criteria for an objective assessment of environmentally friendly and socially responsible production conditions in companies throughout the textile chain. The wide-ranging quality management includes, for example:
- Globally standardised test criteria and test methods for product certification in accordance with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Harmonisation of applicable test criteria with international laws and Restricted Substances Lists from private initiatives
- Scientifically based further development and annual updating of the applicable test criteria for harmful substance testing in textiles in accordance with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Ring tests between the OEKO-TEX® test institutes
- Audits of the test institutes by representatives of the International OEKO-TEX® Association to monitor the quality of testing and provide training to ensure it
- Company audits as part of the product certification in accordance with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® to provide targeted support for the quality assurance of the company
- Continuous benchmarking with regard to the applicable criteria for the certification of sustainable production facilities in accordance with STeP by OEKO-TEX®
- Continuous content-related and technical optimisation of web-based tools for entering and managing customer data (e.g. STeP Assessment Tool, MySTeP database, etc.)
- Regular training of the laboratory team and auditors of the OEKO-TEX® institutes - if necessary also by external organisations such as SAC, etc.
- Regular exchange of knowledge and experience between the OEKO-TEX® laboratory teams and auditors (e.g. meetings of the laboratory managers from all member institutes every six months)
- Protection of internationally registered trademark rights for all OEKO-TEX® certifications and test labels
- The OEKO-TEX® Association makes considerable effort to implement and enforce all principles and values described in our Code of Conduct.
- Extensive measures to ensure optimum protection of data in all technical systems for customer support
- Exchange and cooperation with international organisations, associations, research facilities, institutions, and other committees