MySTeP by OEKO-TEX®
MySTeP by OEKO-TEX® is a database strengthening your textile supply community. The database can be accessed worldwide from any location. As the central database of OEKO-TEX®, MySTeP offers a number of services to registered partners, such as:
- A customized supply chain mapping system for brands, retailers, and manufacturers in the textile chain
- The OEKO-TEX® certification management tool for STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® and STeP by OEKO-TEX®
- Targeted analysis based on scoring of STeP certified companies
- Benchmarking and statistical analysis of the supply chain
Who can use it?
MySTeP by OEKO-TEX® is a database for brands, retailers, and manufacturers, which enables them to manage their own supply chains whether or not they are OEKO-TEX® certified.
Added value for industry and retail
MySTeP by OEKO-TEX® offers customized supply chain mapping on the MySTeP dashboard including detailed information such as:
- Statistical supply chain analysis and evaluation
- Visual industry analysis and benchmarks such as global average, regional best facility, or modular average
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- An overview of existing OEKO-TEX® certificates
MySTeP allows companies to review and evaluate their suppliers based on their own unique sustainability goals. This flexibility allows users to:
- Align their efforts with the requirements of the international market
- Compare suppliers based on a variety of sustainability factors
- Select new suppliers using sustainability data important for their business
- Identify and eliminate possible risks in the existing supply chain
- MySTeP simplifies the establishment of partnerships and encourages positive change through strategic and sustainable supply chain management.
- MySTeP facilitates evaluation and reporting on your sustainability performance and that of your suppliers.
Available data in MySTeP
Every user of the MySTeP database has a customized view of data related to their supply chain. Each supplier determines the amount and type of data available to buyers and whether to allow those buyers to disclose the selected data to companies further up the supply chain.
There are different levels of data release:
- Type of operation (e.g., spinning mill, weaving mill, finishing facility, or manufacturer of ready-made goods)
- OEKO-TEX® certification
- Expiration date of existing OEKO-TEX® certificates
- Scope of existing OEKO-TEX® certificates
- Sustainable performance according to STeP by OEKO-TEX® scoring
- STeP by OEKO-TEX® audit report details
- Address / contact details
- Once you have set up your MySTeP account, you can contact and add your suppliers and production facilities within the system.
- Each production site decides which data is displayed to the requesting MySTeP user.
- Information such as a STeP by OEKO-TEX® audit report can be released individually.
Database and user rights
Each supplier can decide how much, and to what degree, relevant production site and product data are made available to the OEKO-TEX® community. Database users decide what data are released.