ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX® certification offers several benefits to producers and users of chemicals for textile production:
- It strengthens the process and product safety for each step within the textile value chain.
- It is an overall and holistic approach of chemical validation in order to maximize security within textile production chain.
- It is a comprehensive approach to manage chemicals and to choose greener chemistry.
- It offers a combination of transparency and verification.
- It serves the right to know principle of a sustainable textile production and supports chemical substitution strategies.
- ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX® certified chemicals are approved for use in STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified products and STeP by OEKO-TEX® certified production facilities.
- Furthermore, via the ECO PASSPORT RSL and MRSL screening process it is checked that the product components declared by the applicant are not mentioned on the STeP by OEKO-TEX® Manufacturing Restricted Substance List (MRSL) and the SVHC candidate list of REACH. The recognition of the OEKO-TEX® Association as a third-party verifier by the ZDHC organisation with the ECO PASSPORT confirms ZDHC MRSL conformity at Level 3, which is the highest ranking in the current program.