For you as a consumer, clothing and home textiles certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® offer extensive safety regarding the harmlessness of textiles. Many aspects argue in favour of the reliability of the product label:
- Prerequisite for the OEKO-TEX® product certification is that all components of a product have to comply with the required test criteria without exception, that is the outer fabric of the garment in addition to sewing threads, accessory parts such as buttons, studs, zips as well as coatings, prints and other applications.
- The criteria for OEKO-TEX® testing for harmful substances are revised every year and are therefore always up to date with regard to legal regulations and the newest scientific findings.
- The OEKO-TEX® test criteria have global validity. It therefore does not matter where the certified products are manufactured and where consumers buy them.
- Whether products made from organic cotton or recycled materials, whether basic items or high-tech products – OEKO-TEX® testing for harmful substances ensures that the certified textiles are harmless to health.
- Testing and certification of the textiles is carried out exclusively by neutral/independent facilities: The accredited research and testing institutes of the International OEKO-TEX® Association.
- OEKO-TEX® certified items are also subject to random testing after certification in the framework of product checks.
- The OEKO-TEX® laboratory tests also take into account all conceivable ways how harmful substances could enter the body.
- Consumers can independently verify the validity of a label using the test number stated at any time.